Monday, April 27, 2015

Spot the Wesley

WP_20150427_16_00_36_Pro

Can you seem him way up there?  Kyla helped him figure out how to get to the first branch, and the next thing I know, I’m getting a “Hi, Mama!” from a height that I though only Kyla’s went to.    He now does this without any assistance.

*     *     *      *     *

[Did I ever tell you about the time, and I can give a date of March 1, 2014, because it was our school’s really, really big Auction, that I climbed this tree?  I came back from approximately 7 hours on my feet running around behind the scenes at the auction.  My in-laws were here, and as I drove into the driveway, Darlene was standing outside with a flashlight.  Rosie hadn’t come in and darling Darlene was worried about her, especially as she heard meowing outside.  We simply couldn’t figure out where she was, but eventually we narrowed down which tree she was stuck in.  Being the only one of sound body and unsound head, I got to climb that tree in my beloved boots and LBD—I swear, I can do anything in that perfect little black dress.  Since it was pitch black except for the flashlights my beloved and his parents were shining up the tree (and my skirt), I can’t swear how high I had to go, but I’m pretty confident it was past the roofline.  Then, little Rosie did not want to be properly carried down.  She climbed on my head and used my shoulders for extra balance…for her.  Anytime she got nervous, she dug her claws further into my scalp.  Finally, I grabbed her in one hand and climbed down with more difficulty but less blood loss.  Seriously, why do we even have cats??]

No comments: