Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Letter To My Son

Dear Wes,

Wes mask

You have been such a trooper this week!  I’ve never seen you so sick as you were this last Tuesday when you gave every indication of trying to curl up in my lap and wanting to die.  Your oxygen was extremely low, and I was unusually concerned about you.  But before your treatment was even done at the doctor’s office, you were already singing “Rock-a-bye Baby” through your dinosaur nebulizer mask with a wicked smile on your face.  

Later this week, I was really pleased with you, when for the very first time in your life, you ran to the potty all on your own. You pulled down your pants and diaper without any help and sat on the potty (and demonstrated you know exactly what goes into a potty!).  I loved how you said “By myself!” when I came in and found you sitting there so proudly.  Oh, sweetie, I am so pleased with you!

But, Son, next time, do you think you could lift the lid first?

Love,

Mama

2 comments: