Sunday, March 11, 2012

Gender Wars

I was driving Kyla and Piper home from a play and then a quick stop at a friend’s house this afternoon.  Kyla piped up from the back and commented, “I think I want to have girls when I grow up.  Girls are more active than boys, right, Mama?” 

Thinking back to Kyla’s antics at said friend’s house, where  she jumped on their indoor trampoline before making a straight jump onto their ottoman before jumping down and doing cartwheels, I couldn’t argue that she isn’t an active kid.  (Cartwheels were done by Friend, as well.) 

However, I do spend full days with Wesley, who I haven’t witnessed walking since his first birthday.  He runs everywhere  that he can’t scoot to on his little bike.  The closest he gets to walking is stomping through puddles.  And he falls off furniture head-first on purpose. 

My best answer was that there are some girls that are more active and some boys that are more active. 

But what’s it like having a non-active kid? 

1 comment:

Deanna said...

If I have one, I'll let you know. But I have found (especially with Alexandra) that as the kids get older, the activity levels become more focused and they actually start to value sleep. It's a beautiful thing!