Friday, April 3, 2020

Just a Day in this New World


The night before, we had yet another hail storm (at least one I wasn't out walking in, this time).  We were playing Settlers, but the kids ran out to have a feral moment. 


The next morning, Art Gecko was shedding his skin, which I thought was interesting. (You have to catch him shedding it, because once it's shluffed, he eats it.)




Wes had a Lego class before school that switched to online Zoom meetings to conclude.  On Friday, as a bonus project, Wes made a self-portrait. I thought the exercise was interesting, but I am not very good at abstract art.  Wes says he is wearing sunglasses and his hair is covering up one of his eyes.


Later, Dwayne and I went for a walk. As is the rule, we cannot do a family activity that all 3 kids want to participate in.  Wes was the full-body pouter this time.  But if you look closely, you'll notice all the kids are wearing headphones and listening to music or a story as we walk.  This both annoys me and makes me glad that Dwayne and I can chat uninterrupted. And it gave us extra entertainment as we walked home as Wes started boogying to whatever he was listening to, oblivious to the world around him.  That kid loves to dance!


 A new tree has fallen across the path in the last week.  No bear was caught underneath. 

 Oh, Patient Kyla!  Wes loves being Wesley-sized--he can jump on anyone and just hang on like the tumor he is.  Kyla encourages this.

No comments: