Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Canceling Home School today on account of Suckiness

Wednesdays can be tough anyway, as I volunteer during Pipe’s library time at school and then 30 minutes later, drag Wes along so I can coach Math Team for an hour and a half.  This Wednesday had a morning Coffee with the Superintendent that I attended, plus a one-on-one meeting with same superintendent later that day, right before my 2 hour dyslexia meeting at the district offices.  All those still happened, but when I got home at 9:30 from the coffee, Wes came running at me with “worms!” “cats!” “bedroom!” pouring out of him barely intelligibly.

I went into his bedroom and quickly realized home school was going to be canceled today.

In a new feline low, one of the cats brought in a dead mouse.  A very, very dead mouse.  So old that maggots were crawling out of it and making their way up Wesley’s book case and across the carpet. 

Wesley was not so calmly trying to drown the “white worms” by spraying water on anything that squirmed.  When that failed to work, he used his outdoor knife to cut  them in half.  

I was not amused.

However, I was motivated to do a thorough cleaning, and by bedtime,  I had thoroughly cleaned all surfaces in Wesley’s room, had wore him out scrubbing out goo from his carpet, and had deep cleaned his carpet and the entire hallway. 

While at it, I came across this:

Two more dehydrated mice well hidden under his captain’s bed.
Even Dwayne didn’t try to defend the cats this time. 




No comments: