Wednesday, May 16, 2018

What We Came Home To

WP_20180516_14_48_45_Pro_LI (2)

Putina & Sons came for a visit today!  It was the most unnerving encounter so far, in retrospect, as I found out more details later.  Wesley and Kyla should have been home for about 10 minutes before I pulled up, but as I found out later, Kyla had been chatting with a neighbor, and and really gone inside a minute or two before I drove up.  Piper and Abby were running ahead of the car, but stopped short in the driveway when Piper spotted what she thought was Mama Bear going through the trash.  I put P&A in the car, and very bravely drove the minivan up blaring my horn at the bear.  (I’m very brave behind lots of metal.)Turns out Putina was really one of the cubs, because if you look to the right in the picture, Mama and Thing 2 are fleeing down the hill.

Another close encounter with the original natives.  Sorry, bears.

No comments: