Thursday, January 18, 2018

Happy 8th Birthday, Son

Wesley woke up as an 8 year old today!

Since I’m posting this months later, I don’t remember many details, but he got compliment cards from everyone in his class

before we invited his class to walk home and enjoy cake and ice cream.

1-18 Wesley turns 8! 1

Funny, now I have a recollection of vowing not to invite that many boys inside my house again after that afternoon.  Bad luck, kid, having a winter birthday.

1-18 Wesley turns 8! 3

The one thing Wesley really wanted was a drumset, so he got both an electronic one (that he could plug in headphones for my own sanity) and a small bongo drum that has so far been indestructible.

1-18 Wesley turns 8! 8

[Funny story, when Wesley packed his suitcase for a two-night stay at Great Wolf Lodge with another 8 year old friend, I found those bongos right in the middle of all his clothes and toys.  He sadly listened while I tried to explain why it’s not a good idea to bring drums to hotel rooms.]

No comments: