Monday, November 27, 2017

Mama’s Latest Project

The upper railing has never really bugged me, but once we finished the kitchen, I got a bee in my bonnet to replace the white metal with black wood.  Our 6” posts are not the actual 5.5” they are supposed to be, so off to Dad’s garage I went to trim down a lot of pieces to 5.25”.  Wesley was thrilled with the scrap pieces it produced.

11-19 Wes in Grandpa's garage11-19 Wes in Grandpa's garage2

I’d rather not recall the many redesigns and miscalculations I made, and have to admit that I needed both my dad and my husband to finish this project.  The part of me that continues forward and finishes is not always a friend to precision and reflection, also known as “wood-working”.  But high gloss black paint covers many an error, and I really like the final result.

Before:

11-27 Railing remodel 1

After:

11-27 Railing remodel 4

Decorated for Christmas (we gave away the buffet that previously displayed the Christmas village):

11-27 Railing remodel 811-27 Railing remodel 711-27 Railing remodel 6

No comments: