Just to refresh your memory, over New Years, Dwayne and I decided to update the cabin bath by putting in a new floor and updating the vanity, before discovering that the shower needed to completely be taken down to the logs. Oh, horrors. At least, I’ve minimally improved my tiling skills while significantly decreasing our savings.
I like it best with the shower curtain closed, but I needed to show off the new tile in the shower. We tiled to the ceiling, and I love it! And it can never, ever leak. We did everything we could to make it waterproof, with jetboard between the tile and logs, inner and outer layers of caulk, and everything as tight as we can make it. Because if water gets through, we’ll have to take out every tile, scrape through lots of mortar, and pry off some well-adhered cement board.
It’s embarrassing that we’ve been working on this for over a month, but, in all fairness, we can only go over on free weekends.
Our first renter is coming next weekend. We need to rent it 16 more nights to break even on the bath. Another night to pay for the new filter. 125,000 nights to pay for the actual cabin. Yep, that’s a rabbit hole I just stepped into!