Saturday, October 20, 2012

Meerkerk Gardens

One the way to the cabin lately, I’ve been picking up Whidbey Island brochures on the ferry.  This time, I picked up one about Freeland, a really cute town on the north side of South Whidbey.  Listed as an attraction was Meerkerk Gardens, a 43-acre site with lots of NW gardens and 4 miles of trails through forest preserves. We didn’t get  too far on the trails , but we had a great time wandering through the secret garden and looking for fairy houses under cedar trees. 
Dwayne and I are working on how to steal this and bring it back to our house.  Dwayne would actually like to build this himself, but I like my plan better.
037

If we took this, we’d satisfy Dwayne’s arch-lust for the rest of his life.  I think.
036
055
Piper was our official photographer this trip. That means I erased approximately 150 pictures of her shoes and my rear.
038
040

We loved the dahlias and Piper loved taking pictures of our favorites.
041042

Since the park’s middle name is Rhododendron, there are hundreds here.  044
And we finally found the fairy houses.  I promised the girls we’ll go next summer on fairy day to build our own.
046

No comments: