Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pig Racing

We took advantage of Twosday Tuesday ($2 admission) at the fair today, and my camera lasted all the way through the pig races, which were so cool. 

 

Go pigs, go!

August 167

 

These pigs even had to jump over hurdles to get to the chow.

August 166

 

Phew, they made it!

August 159

 

This was the last shot I took before the battery died.  It was quite unfortunate, because I needed this pic to show the security guard what my missing daughter was wearing.  But we found her at the lost and found within about 10 minutes, just as staff was getting ready to take off her wristband to get my cell number and call me.

August 163

 

All the children were wearing their wristbands, which was handy when Kyla completely disappeared a few hours later.  Five kids, two moms, and no stroller made it a little harder to keep even well-meaning kids close by at all times. 

Next to the pig races was the Loggers’ Jubilee, which I’ve always loved since I was little and my grandparents took my brothers and I to the one in Morton, WA.  It was a big day in a small town, with parades and fair food with the log roll and pole climb and all the other things I couldn’t do to save my life.  The kids really seemed to enjoy it, too, so I’m putting it on the mental calendar to take the kids to Morton next summer.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

If you go to Morton, you can sit with us for the Saturday parade and park at my in-laws' house. :)