Thursday, April 7, 2011

Swing Set Addition

Craigslist has been good to me.  About 6 years ago, I found our Rainbow play set for about $300.  Dwayne and Hume disassembled it and brought it back to our house, where I spent a week or so pressure washing and staining it.  Then Dwayne and Hume dragged it down to the lower yard and reassembled it. 
It’s been good to us for two foster kids and 3 of our own kids and lots of playmates.  But now that we have a pint-sized housemate and more kids in playgroup, I’ve been searching for ways of adding to the play set.  Finally, on craigslist, I was able to find and buy a “rock” climbing wall and a tire swing. 
We spent last Sunday putting up the rock wall.  It took 2 adults and 4 children three times as long as would have taken one capable adult (read: Dwayne).  But family projects are always fun and I love how it turned out.
4-3 building
4-3 Kyla building 1
4-3 Piper building 1
4-3 Wes 1

Tada!
4-11 Rock wall

Let’s see how long it takes me to the get wood and fastenings to put up the tire swing.  I’m looking forward to that project!

No comments: