Monday, February 1, 2010

Wesley’s Second Week

Wesley's 2nd week 013 Wesley was born 2 weeks ago today with yesterday being his due date. 

He began the week with his circumcision.  One of my midwives did the surgery.  It would have been more interesting if it hadn’t been my child.  While I was in the room with him, I didn’t see much of it.  But when it was done, and we were waiting the 45 minutes to make sure the bleeding stopped, the local wore off and he became nearly inconsolable.  He’s fine now, of course, but I am glad we won’t go through that again!

Exactly 24 hours after his circumcision (and right after his failed weigh-in the next day), he started perking back up and eating every 2 hours.  He passed his next weight check handily.

I was on my own with the girls for the first time on Thursday and Friday.  There’s a very good chance that soon Dwayne won’t be coming home to a) bathed and jammied daughters, b) dinner, c) a & b.  Today we ran errands, and it turns out I can get 3 kids out of the car and through a parking lot and even into a store without losing my sanity.  (The sanity was preserved only so that I could lose it tonight trying to get the girls to pick up their toys while nursing Wesley.)

Wesley's 2n2 week 004

Dwayne and I have always enjoyed the newborn stage.  This time it seems even more special as I am making sure I enjoy every bit of it as it will definitely be our last time.  His changing faces, the weird sounds he makes in his sleep until we give up and bring him to bed with us, his sweet warmth lying on top of me, his “peanutness” when I burp him on my knee, the swaddled Baby Burrito look, and the way Dwayne says “Ohhh” when he does any of these things.

Wesley's 2n2 week 005Wesley's 2n2 week 011 Wesley's 2n2 week 008 

Wesley's 2n2 week 012

For those wondering if Wesley always wears the same dinosaur outfit, well, yes he does.  At night, I put him in one of those “zippered blankets”, but the dinosaurs are the only Newborn size clothes he has.  I did just buy 2 more outfits at the thrift store today, so he will have some variety before he grows enough to wear the regular 0-3 months size.

1 comment:

Brian Kruger said...

So cute! I can't believe how big the girls look next to Wesley.