Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oh Crap! (Or, How I Was Had By the Potty)

Kyla went pee in her potty yesterday and pooped in it (kind of) today! For all the time Kyla sits on the potty, it was a statistical certainty that she would have accident eventually. And as soon as she peed, she said, "Uh, oh." Cute.

But I realize that I am being held hostage by the potty. Kyla simply tells me she wants to sit on the potty, and of course I say yes! However this is what I realized today.

Kyla says: Potty!
Mama thinks: Oh! She wants to pee or poop in her potty! I wonder if she's caught on.....
Kyla thinks: I want to have Mama's full attention for hours while she reads me book after book, feeds me salty crackers and gives me cups of water. I could do this all day! I hope she doesn't catch on....

No comments: