Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Spring Flung: Home via Tulip Festival


The ferry left British Columbia about noon, getting us back to Anacortes mid-afternoon.  It's only the smallest hiccup of a detour to go through the tulip and daffodil fields outside of Mount Vernon.  My favorite place is Roozengaarde, which does have an admission fee and lots of ways of asking for more of your money once inside ($13 cheeseburger, anyone?), but I fully got my $7 worth of the experience, and more than made up for everyone else as well.

Wesley (wearing PJs, sunglasses, and a scowl) went from 
  
to

👦

when I gave him my good camera and charged him to be my official photographer.  He actually did pretty well.  Here's an album, because I was blown away by how well designed the tulip layouts were this year!  The daffodil made out of tulips is inspirational, but the first few of a flowing "stream" through non-symmetrical tulip fields is my favorite.


Why does my favorite tulip remind me so much of my favorite cocktail?  


So glad we made it this year!  It was a vacation bookended by our beautiful spring, both in weather and flowers. 



No comments: