Sunday, April 7, 2019

Spring Fling: Butchart Gardens




We haven't explored these world-famous gardens in the spring before, so I was more than willing to ignore Wes's attitude and dive right in.  However, to keep the peace with (the males in) my family, I didn't insist on exploring the grounds a second time once we finished the first round.


You never know when you may die, so see the Sunken Gardens first.  You'd hate to get all the way here and keel over before actually experiencing all the elevations in this first quarry-cum-Eden.   
Piper and I want to plant a knot garden at our home now. 
 

None of my children are too old for the carousel yet, and the Rose Carousel is particularly fine.  I'd like to ride the ostrich or frog someday, and Wesley was excited to leap onto the cheetah!



We were here almost 4 years ago, and got a few of the same shots!








Oh, Kyla, I apologize that you have siblings.  My bad.



And Wesley didn't pose 4 years ago, but he's making up for it now....



We got one family shot, and it's too small to tell if we are smiling, so I'm going to assume the best.


Augh! I really am curating the collection, and whittled the number of photos significantly, but wow!  Isn't this beautiful?

And I'll sneak this one in, too.


There be dragons in this pond!  Kyla and I strongly approve.
 


And there be another dragon in the Japanese Garden!  This guy is new in the last 4 years, and he delights me.


Many things delight me in the Japanese Garden, but red bridges make the top 3.  


The Boar-Scarer also makes that list, and someday I'm going to engineer one near our front door.  We may have to upgrade the species (maybe cat-scarer?), but I want one!

 Clever of them to sell gelato right within the Italian Gardens. It almost cheered up a Wesley.




And I just found this picture to add!  From June 2015:


No comments: