Wednesday, April 24, 2019

5th Grade Camp

I love that our district has a 2 night camp for all 5th graders in the district.  Kyla went last year, of course, and when it was Piper's turn to go this year, she asked if I could go along, too.  

So Wesley went to Daddy Camp and I got on the bus with Piper and 60 other kids and chaperones the morning after Easter.  A friend and I chaperoned 8 girls, and to distinguish our girls from all the others running around (we were one of three schools attending together), we donned our Rosie the Riveter headbands.


We had a ton of fun learning archery, climbing the rockwall, catching a frog (when we were supposed to be carrying a log), and eating s'mores. 




It was not the most restful half-week I've ever had, but I'll sign up again when Wesley is a 5th grader!

No comments: