Wednesday, September 22, 2010

If only...

If only I had washed Baby after the last camping trip.

If only I had told Piper that Baby had to stay in the car.

If only I hadn't put Baby down in the restroom to help both girls wash their hands.

If only I hadn't arranged to meet my parents in Renton at 12:30 after MOPS, not allowing us to return to church after I realized I didn't see Baby when loaded the car.

If only Kyla and Wesley hadn't been sick the next morning, making me decide not to go out that day and check at the church for Baby.

If only I had at least called the church on that Friday.

Because....Baby was found on Thursday and propped up on the nursery counter. On Saturday, someone with very good intentions saw Baby during a clean-up and decided that this nursery toy was too dirty and should just be thrown away. At least that is the story that we have pieced together after trying to find Baby at church on Sunday and then a special, more frantic, trip again Monday morning.

If only Baby wasn't in some unknown trash heap.

I'm sorry, Piper. Really, really almost-to-tears sorry.

Love,

Mama

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Oh no! Nora left her baby at the cabin, but luckily she was 3-1/2 at the time. (And, when she finally realized it was gone and cried for 3 days, I found one on ebay. Now, we have 2.)

Hopefully another lovey will be able to fill in the gap. :(