Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wesley at Home

I have to admit, it’s been harder than I thought to have three kids at home—even with extra help from my Mom and Dwayne!

The Pros:

  • I’m not pregnant any more
  • I will never go through labor again
  • Wesley is ridiculously healthy and is doing the four things he is capable of doing really well: eating, sleeping, pooping, peeing.
  • The girls beg to hold him and take turns giving him kisses and helping me change his diaper. They have been even cuter than usual.

The Cons:

  • I’m haven’t even come close to catching up with sleep. With Kyla and Piper, I went into labor rested.  Wesley came at the end of a long weekend that included all of us being sick, and even taking Kyla to the ER the night before we went in to deliver Wesley. 
  • The girls need extra Mama-time right when I don’t have the energy to give extra.  Piper, especially, finds herself wanting Mama during the night when Wesley is sleeping soundly.
  • I’ve melted down more than Kyla and Piper, combined! 
  • There’s no meds I’m comfortable taking for my cold/sinus infection.

It will get much, much easier, I know.  Wesley is a complete joy and Dwayne and I are having fun remembering all the things we love about newborns.  I get a kick out of his unaffected and poses.

Wesley's Birth- 1st week 098Wesley's Birth- 1st week 079   Wesley's Birth- 1st week 123  Wesley's Birth- 1st week 113Wesley's Birth- 1st week 092

No comments: