Sunday, April 26, 2020

Backyard Project and April Showers

My "If you give a pig a pancake" syndrome took itself outdoors this month.  I'm not even sure what the catalyst was, but somehow, I ended up with 10 yards of topsoil, heaps of plants that I swear just jump into my cart every spring, new containers, seeds, fertilizer, and a to-do list as long as I could make it.  And when I say "I ended", that in no way implies that is the end.  There's still May.

I got so energized that I moved most of the 10 yards in a few days. (Dwayne was working, but he's the one to suggest finishing up in the evenings so he could share the labor.)

 

Dwayne and Kyla did not get into a dirt dumping contest. Allegedly.

Before

During

But no after yet--it's still growing!

The girls were putting together the trampoline, so I put Wes on the lawn mower for the first time, on the parts that weren't reseeded.  He blogged about it. 

April has been a mild month and gave us both showers and flowers!

I planted under our mailbox trellis.

I love my "front yard".  Let's extrapolate that the rest of the 2 acres looks as good as this 3' by 20' strip.  
 



No comments: