Saturday, July 20, 2019

2019 South Whidbey Island Fair

The kids and I have been going to this tiny little fun fair for years now, always on the opening Thursday (it only lasts 4 days!), and ergo, without Dwayne.  This year, we just couldn't make it during the week and I promised the kids that I would take them regardless.  So Dwayne got to jump on the Crazy Train and head over for the day.

Once we bought kids their ride bracelets, we really only saw them when they were hungry.  Which meant Dwayne and I got the day together, meandering through the livestock barns and exhibit halls.  One of our favorites was the juggling arena, where Dwayne and I learned were taught how to crack a rope to make it knot itself.  Unsurprisingly, Dwayne had a knack for it.  Just as expected, I didn't.

We met up with friends, and saw an amazing elephant quilt, but I was tickled by something far less interesting: what kid 4-H-ers said was their rabbits' accomplishments.

Winner of the Pee Pee War
Being a brat
Being hard to take out of cage
Loudest water drinker
Squeaks a lot when he hears plastic crinkling
Made us believe she was a guy for so long

They are ready to Instagram their future children!

No comments: