Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Ballet and a Vocabulary Lesson

3-20 girls ballet 4

I got to take Kyla and Piper to see their first ballet today! We met up with three other friends, each with her daughter and made a lady’s event out of it.  It was just an hour (including an intermission) so it was just right for their first real stage production.  Since it was The Little Match Girl, I was a little worried about the questions about death, grandma and the little girl, but the girls saw the dancing far more than they noticed the story.  We all enjoyed it.

I had just bought matching dresses for them to wear at Easter and as flower girls in Brian & Sandi’s May wedding.  I was excited about the dresses as the girls were, so I let them wear them to the ballet.

We changed them just before we left for the ballet.  Before we got shoes on, Piper pulled off the bandage from the finger she had cut the night before.  I grabbed a few bandages just in case and herded them out of the door.  Before either of them was buckled in, there was fresh blood on both their skirts.  Sigh.  Hopefully, they will not use the new word I coined for the occasion: “shitshoot”. 

3-20 girls ballet 53-20 girls ballet 2

Fortunately, the blood washed out later that night.

No comments: